Hot Desk - Unlimited
Terms & Conditions
Electron Workshop Coworking membership agreement
Arktisma Pty Ltd ATF Arktisma Unit Trust ABN 56 213 841 739 trading as Electron Workshop, (now referred to as 'The Space’, or ‘Electron Workshop’), seeks to provide a shared, community driven workspace for digital workers and small businesses. The Space exists because of you and for you. As a member, you will not just be a customer of The Space; you’ll be an active part of our co-working community.
The chance to work alongside other technically creative and entrepreneurial individuals.
Use of meeting space (free for permanent tenants).
Use of facilities including coffee machine, showers, toilets, stove, fridge, kitchen and washing machine.
Month to month pricing with no long-term contracts.
Monthly memberships run from month-to-month.
Invitations to events.
Desk, chair, and high speed internet access!
- We agree that the Services provided by The Space, including but not limited to Internet access and office space at 31 Arden St, North Melbourne, are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- I understand that my membership does not constitute a lease or sublease but is only a license to use The Space.
- I understand that membership is a privilege that may be revoked at any time if any terms are breached. Membership can otherwise be revoked at any time with a 1 day notice period. If my membership is revoked, I understand that The Space will return my membership dues for the remaining period of membership, and I agree to forfeit my membership, keys, and any other evidence of membership.
- I understand that all amenities provided by The Space, including but not limited to opening hours, availability of a particular working area, use of the facilities, or availability of the Internet are to be deemed as additional privileges of membership, and while we will endeavour to maintain these amenities, Services and hours, we cannot be held responsible for any failure to provide these.
- I understand that my use of The Space may on occasion be disrupted. This may include, but is not limited to: (i) the offering of events or Services on the premises that are not included in the standard membership and that may require additional fees to attend or use, and (ii) the need to move to another work area and under rare circumstances to vacate the premises entirely. We will endeavour to provide ample notice and be amenable to member needs.
- I understand that The Space will do its best to announce to the member community in advance of any known changes or disruptions to member access to the or to the use of Services provided by the the The Space.
- I understand that Members on X-days-per-week plans must use their days within the same calendar month (no rollover).
B. Terms of payment:
- All membership payments are due on the first of every month, paid in advance.
- Drop-in payments are to be paid via direct debit at least two business days in advance, Paypal or cash upon arrival.
- Invoices will be emailed monthly. If payment is not received within 7 days your space will be deemed vacant and made available to other members. If a payment is not received by the due date, you will incur an administration fee of 5% of the total payment to re-activate your membership.
- You will pay a security deposit of one month’s membership at the commencement of your membership. Your security deposit will be returned after exiting The Space. You must remove all personal property, and return all keys (including copies) or codes which may provide you with access to The Space. Your security deposit will not accrue interest.
C. Respect for the community
- I agree to abide by the House Rules, as posted around the The Space.
- I understand that no member, including myself, has rights to permanent use of any given space except under written agreement.
- I agree not to maintain or store any inventory of goods in common areas of the premises that have not been expressly designed for such purpose.
- I understand that I must receive permission to post signs, artwork, host events, or otherwise use The Space in ways that may impose on the interests of the membership community or without the express permission of The Space.
- I agree not to act in a manner that in The Space's sole discretion does or is likely to adversely affect the peaceful operation or enjoyment of the co-working space, the building in which the space is located, or the building’s occupants, guests, or contractors.
D. No illegal or otherwise objectionable activity
- I agree not to engage in any illegal activity in or around the building in which the The Space is located, including but not limited to drug use or illegal online activity.
- I agree not to engage in any online or business activity of the sort that may damage or impair the functioning of The Space or its Services, including but not limited to overburdening or impairing any servers or networks.
- I further agree not to engage in any online or business activities of a questionable moral character that may damage or otherwise adversely affect the benefits of Membership.
E. Indemnification and limited liability
- I understand that if someone or something at The Space gets hurt or damaged as a result of my negligence, then I am responsible to pay for that injury or damage if my insurance provider does not.
- If I do not pay for that injury or damage, I understand my bond or part thereof may be deducted to cover these expenses.
- In no event shall The Space, or its agents, employees, members, shareholders, or guests be liable for any direct, special, incidental, indirect, punitive, consequential or other damages whatsoever, including but not limited to damages for: loss of profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty, negligence, and any other pecuniary or other loss whatsoever, arising out of or in any way related to the participation in or inability to participate in or use of the space or its Services, the provision of or failure to provide Services, or otherwise under or in connection with any provision of this agreement.
- I AGREE NOT TO HOLD ELECTRON WORKSHOP OR ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS RESPONSIBLE FOR the loss, theft, or damage of Members’ personal belongings including but not limited to laptop computers, cell phones, clothing, bags, wallets, or books.
- The Space will carry Liability and Personal Property insurance for property belonging to The Space. This insurance DOES NOT cover your property. As a Member, it is strongly suggested that you carry your own liability and personal property insurance policy to cover your own property and to protect yourself against damage to The Space, or other Members’ personal belongings.
F. Updates to these provisions
- I understand that The Space reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions of Membership at any time. I understand The Space will attempt to contact Members to notify them of any changes within 30 days of their enactment, but I also understand that Members are ultimately responsible to periodically check the Terms and Conditions of Membership for any changes.
- In the event that any provision or portion of these Terms and Conditions of Membership are determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason, in whole or in part, the remaining provisions shall be unaffected and shall remain in full force and effect to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
- By my agreement to these Terms and Conditions, I represent that I have read the above Terms and Conditions of Membership in their entirety, have been given the opportunity to ask questions and/or have this document reviewed by legal counsel, and that I understand and agree to abide by the above Terms and Conditions of Membership, by the Membership Agreement, and by the House Rules.
Cobot Terms & Conditions
Cobot is the web platform used by Electron Workshop to provide this website.
See Cobot Terms